FAQ – Quick Facts
- Celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2016
- Owned by the Piper Family for 79 years
- Not-for-profit Bonita Wonder Gardens, Inc., purchased in April 2015; assumed operations in July 2015
- The 3.5-acre lush botanical jungle has many native and exotic plant specimens, including African mahogany, kapok, many varieties of palms, fruit and flowering trees, hundreds of orchids and a bromeliads.
- Home to rescued birds and reptiles, including over two dozen alligators, the only flamingos in Southwest Florida, free-roaming peafowl , guinea fowl, tortoises, and more.
- Natural History Museum, Picnic Area, and Gift Shop
- Many enhancements made by the non-profit organization and new butterfly & orchid pavilion and tea house opening soon
- Handicap-accessible ramps
- Constantly adding new/updating wildlife exhibits, making the exhibits more interactive and immersive
- Return of “Big Joe” in the Natural History Museum
- Educational programs and special events
- Open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm 363 days a year ( closed Thanksgiving & Christmas); Admission rates of $7 for kids 3-12, $12 for adults, and $10 for seniors 65+; free admission for children under 3
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 239.992.2591.